Tuesday, June 14, 2011




It's crazy how a different perspective of things can change the way you think about something. For example, the past couple weeks I have been complaining a lot about my jobs and having to work this summer. My opinion of working changed one day when my mom and I went out shopping at a local grocery store. We saw an old friend working there at the cash register, and he waved politely but continued on getting back to work. My mom quietly whispered to me saying, "That man has a PHD and he's working at a grocery store." So many people would kill to have the kind of education that he has, but because of the struggling economy, he's working at a grocery store earning minimum wage. I then realized that I am extremely lucky to have a job that's so flexible with my hours and pays me more than $6 an hour. Sometimes I need a little reminder like that to remind me that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with such fortunate circumstances, and I am so grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment